Have you started investing yet? If the answer is yes, think about the last time you sat down with a financial advisor and reviewed your portfolio to ensure your investment strategy is still aligned with your goals. If the answer is no, ask yourself why not? Maybe it’s because you don’t think you can afford it, maybe it’s because you’re afraid of the risk versus reward or maybe it’s because you don’t see the value in paying fees.
If you’re hesitant about seeking financial advice, investing in the market and exploring different investment options, don’t worry because other people are too – that is where we can help!
Manulife Investments GIC
A Manulife Investments GIC provides certain benefits that may not be available through mutual fund organizations, banks, or trust companies, plus a broad range of investment choices:
- The Basic Account
- The Laddered Account
- The Escalating Rate Account
- The Market Growth Account
- The Daily Interest Account
*The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company is the issuer of the Manulife Investments GIC.
Manulife Segregated Fund RESP
Helping to fund a child’s post-secondary education is one of the most important investments you can make in their future, especially in today’s competitive environment where a good education is crucial to success. Yet, with the rising cost of tuition fees and living expenses, personal savings alone may not be enough to cover the cost of higher education.
The Manulife Segregated Fund RESP is a new investment solution to help you save for a future post-secondary education need. What you should know:
- A Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) is a flexible and convenient way to save for a child’s future post-secondary education
- Government grants and incentives may be available to qualified Student Beneficiaries to help RESP savings grow
- Investment income generated in an RESP is tax-sheltered as long as it remains in the plan
- When withdrawn, plan growth and government grants can be taxed at the student’s tax rate (he or she could pay little or no tax on this money)
- There is no annual contribution limit with an RESP, but the lifetime maximum is $50,000 per Student Beneficiary
- Anyone can open an RESP – parents, guardians, grandparents, other relatives, or friends
- Individuals can also purchase an RESP for themselves for future post-secondary education needs
- A segregated fund contract offers unique protection features, including death benefit and maturity guarantees
Learn more about RESPs and get more information on the government incentives and grants available.
The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company is the issuer of the Manulife Segregated Fund Education Savings Plan insurance contract and the guarantor of any guarantee provisions therein.